Attorney Douglas McAlarney earned his law degree from The Florida State University College of Law with honors, and is licensed to practice law in the States of Florida and North Dakota. He won Honorable Mention in the St. Thomas More Moot Court competition, earned the prestigious “Book Award” for the highest grade in FSU’s Workers’ Compensation class and was on the Dean’s List.
Doug earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Foreign Service from Georgetown University in Washington, DC, where he had the honor of studying with the late-UN Ambassador Jeane Kirkpatrick.
Doug has legal experience representing clients in assisted living facility, defamation, election, and personal injury cases. His pro bono legal work was highlighted by the Florida Bar Association’s Florida Bar News in 2014. Doug helped a young mother who was wrongfully accused of a crime and had legally lost her 8-year-old son due to false accusations reunite with her child and gain full custody.
(See: Florida Bar News)
Doug has extensive experience in the state, national, and international political arena. For two decades he worked as a political consultant, which included working for U.S. Senator Marco Rubio, U.S. Congressman & Senior Deputy Whip Dennis Ross, Steve Forbes for President, and the Republican Party of Florida. On the international level, he trained activists in Pakistan, Liberia, and Ecuador as part of International Republican Institute missions. On the state level, he worked for five Speakers of the Florida House of Representatives in positions such as speechwriter, attorney for the Pandemics & Public Emergencies Committee attorney, and Education Committee attorney.
Before attending college, Doug served in the United States Army, and was stationed in Berlin, Germany with the U.S. Army Berlin Brigade’s Field Station Berlin. He witnessed the historic fall of the Berlin Wall on November 9, 1989, the collapse of communism, and the end of the Cold War.
- North Dakota
- Georgetown University, School of Foreign Service, Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service, 1995
- Florida State College of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2013
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Florida County and Circuit Courts
- Are Political Bloggers Weakening the Democratic Election Process?, 41 FLA. ST. U. L. REV. 511 (2014)
- Florida Justice Association
- North Florida Soap Box Derby; Founder, President, and Race Director
- Northwest Leon Little League; Minors Coach and Team Dad
- Guardian ad Litem; Volunteer